Jamie: Father, Son, Uncle.


Yakima River Canyon Marathon Series 2019

Starting from the left is my Aunt Mari, myself,Uncle Chon, Aunt Kim, Aunt Trini.

We all dedicated ourselves to training for a Full / Half marathon in March. The Green metal stood for the full and the Purple for the half. We did this in Honor of the passing of my Uncle Jaime Abundiz who was Kims' husband. He was The Families  Marathon Runner with too many to count under his belt. (I don't know the exact number but he had a lot of metals) and passed away at the age of 41 years. Aug.25,2018. My Uncle Chon ran with his number "8". August this year has been bittersweet in that I start to remember his final days. I look at this picture and I am grateful for the feeling that we had that day. All of us, running with heavy hearts but feeling like he was running with us in spirit. I smile because I made it but also because I achieved more than I thought I could that day . Jaime was an awesome uncle to me and more than that. It still feels like he isn't gone but maybe its because his impact on my life is greater than loss.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog